- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flower
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 & 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/3 cup strong brewed coffee or expresso
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Line about 12 cupcake molds or muffin tins with paper liners or spray with nonstick spray.
To make the cupcakes, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, brown sugar and the white sugar. Whisk in the milk, coffee and melted butter. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Divide the batter among the 12 cupcakes, about 3/4 full. Bake for 15 minutes.
To make the frosting, melt 12 ounces of chocolate, heat the cream until hot and mix it in the melted chocolate. Add butter and mix well. Let it rest until it has cooled down ( about 1 hour or less if you place it in the fridge). Spread the frosting on the cupcake using a pastry bag. Sprinkle chocolate chips to decorate. Didn’t she do a great job?! That’s my girl:-)