” Yum, it smells good in here”, I heard this evening as I was fixing my dinner. So I said, ” I am glad you like it, but I am sorry to tell you that this is not for you”. I know now, after 15 years of marriage what my husband and children will eat, and tofu and coconut is not on their list. So that also meant that something needed to be brewed for them quickly. It is a workday… homeworks to do.. not a lot of time;-( so for them. A favorite of the house: Pasta Carbonara. It is easy and so so good!!!!!
- 1 Tb of butter,
- a pack of bacon uncooked,
- 1 cup of heavy cream,
- 1 egg,
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese,
- salt and pepper to taste,
- 1 small pack of linguine.
- Fill a big pot with water, add about 1 Tb of salt.
- Bring the water to boil.
- While the water is getting hot, melt the butter in a small saucer.
- Once the butter has melted, pour the heavy cream and the parmesan in the butter.
- Mix well with a whisk.
- Season to taste and add a whole egg.
- Stir well over medium heat, and keep on stirring until the cream is getting thicker but make sure that the cream does not boil or the sauce will curdle. Set aside.
- Keep the sauce/ cream warm by leaving it on the cookstove over very low heat. Meanwhile, slice your bacon very thinly and sizzle it in a frying pan.
- Cook until most fat has melted. The bacon should be crisp.
- Drain the bacon from its fat, and place in a bowl.
- Pat the bacon with paper towel to absorb the fat. Keep aside.
- Once the water is finally boiling, throw in your pasta and cook until al dente ( about 1o minutes).
- Once cooked, drain the pasta, and mix in a few tablespoons of cream.
- To serve, place pasta on a plate, spoon the sauce over the pasta, place the bacon on top, and sprinkle fresh parmesan on top. Et voila!!! Ta Da
Eat with great appetite!!!!! and don’t worry about calories… it is so worth it:-)
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!