While my family were having this amazing flank steak that aromatized the whole house, I proceeded to prepare my dinner. I am not much of a meat person. I love fish so much that I would be happy to eat it 7 days out of 7;-)
Today I decided to go with salmon. It is truly one of my favorite fish because it is easy to cook and does not need much preparation. Salmon has so much flavors in itself, that it is delicious to eat it simply grilled on an outdoor grill. Of course this is what I could have done, but instead I tried to utilize the left-over ginger root I had used earlier this week. I stuffed the salmon with it, and baste the salmon with a soy honey, black sesame seed marinade. The whole concoction was simply amazing!! I am not kidding, I kept going ” ha, hum, ho…” it was so good. The ginger really aromatized the whole fish from inside out and kept it so moist. I don’t think that I have ever eaten a salmon that tasted so good.
Ginger stuffed Salmon with Honey-soy glaze for 2 people:
- 1 lb salmon,
- fresh ginger peeled and grated( 2 inches root),
- 2 Tbsp of honey
- 2 Tbsp of soy sauce,
- 1 tsp of dark sesame seed (optional)
- pepper to taste.
- Turn the oven to 400.
- Skin the salmon, slice indentations in the salmon across the length every inch.
- Fill each indentation with grated fresh ginger.
- Mix together the soy sauce and the honey and brush the salmon with it.
- Place the salmon on the deep flexipat and cook for 10 minutes or less if the salmon is thin and small.
- When serving, drizzle more sauce over the salmon.
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!