I love fruits, and I will eat them a plenty during the day, but for dessert, I don’t want fruit. I want a real dessert. Something that is yummy, and delicate…Well right now the best thing to eat or to add to your menu is Peaches. They are so flavorful…
In France, there are many fruit desserts. You can have charlotte, bavarois, napoleon, mousse and of course tartes. Today I will offer you the recipe of a peach tart, and its espuma. Both are very easy to make again, but so delicate and so light. Not heavy at all, and not too sweet… the way fruit desserts should be!
Ingredients for 4 tarts:
- 1/2 peach per person, so 2 peaches.
- 1 puff pastry dough,
- 1/4 cup of almond flour or mill
- 1 medium saucepan,
- 1 small frying pan,
- measuring cups,
- dough cutter of 3 7/8 and 3 1/16,
- deep flexipan tray with its perforated sheet, round bowl.
- To make the tart: roll out the puff pastry dough with a rolling pin to thin it out a bit.
- With the larger dough cutter, cut a circle in your dough to make it the bottom of your pie.
- With the 3 7/8 and the 31/16, make a ring that you will place on top of your circle that will become the sides of your tart.
- Repeat this process for each individual tart you need to make. Set the empty tarts on a flexipan tray.
- Sprinkle some almond flour on each tart ( about 1 tbsp per each tart.)This is done so that the almond mill will absorb the moisture o the peach and will not make the dough soaggy.
- Slice your peaches in half and cut those halves in the length to make 6 slices.
- Place all of them in a large bowl, and sprinkle with sugar ( 1 Tbsp per peach), and lemon juice ( 2 to 3 drops per peach).
- Mix well to coat the peaches slices with the sugar.
- Rearrange the slices on the tart to remake the half of the peach.
- Sprinkle more sugar and lemon juice.
- You may add 1 tsp of butter on top of each tart to help the dough become golden. Bake in warm oven at 400 for 15 minutes.
- Serve with Espuma and Vanilla Ice Cream. YUM!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!