Salmon is a great fish. It is so mild that it will take on any flavor you add to it. It is excellent grilled “au naturel”, sauteed, or even baked. I eat a lot of it because I love fish, and salmon is fairly easy to prepare unlike many other fish. Tonight I wanted to try out something that has been twirling in my head for a few days…Honey Pecan Crusted Salmon with Brown Sugar and Miel de Aguave Reduction. And here it is:
Ingredients for 2:
- 1 lb salmon filet,
- 1/2 cup of pecan chopped really small,
- 1 tbsp of honey,
- salt and pepper to taste,
Ingredients for the Miel de Maguey Sauce:
- 1 cup of heavy cream,
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar, 1 tbsp of butter,
- 3 tbsp of Miel de Maguey,
- sea salt and pepper to taste.
1. In a bowl, place the chopped pecans, add the melted honey and stir to coat the pecans. 2. Place the salmon on a silpat.
3. Season lightly the salmon with pepper and sea salt.
4. Coat the salmon with the pecan/ honey mixture.
4. Bake in a warm oven at 400 for 7 minutes. You may need more if you like your salmon medium well ( i like mine medium rare).
5. While the salmon is baking, in a small saucepan, melt 1 tbsp of butter.
6. When the butter is sizzling, add 1 cup of heavy cream, 1 tbsp of brown sugar, 3 tbsp of Miel de Maguey.
7. Bring to boil and let it simmer until it has reduced to its third.
8. To serve, place 1- 2 Tbsp of the sauce on the plate and lay the filet over the fish. Enjoy!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!