What are your plans for the New Year? Do you spend it with your children, or with friends? In the past few years, my husband and I have gone to several organized parties with friends. The food was good, the company great, but the party needed a bit more “va-va-voum”. The balloons fell down, the kisses were shared, and the dancing ended at 12:30, maybe 1am. Allwas fun, but a bit too much subdo for my taste. I will say that i miss the crazyness of some New Year party I went growing up. I did not go to bed before 4 or 5. Now that is ceclebrating the New Year;-)
What i like, is celebrating the New Year with lots of friends. Everybody is to bring an appetizers and we are together to have fun. Lots of fun!
In the event, that you are doing that, i will share with you an appetizer that is bound to please everyone. It looks great, is appreciated by most people, and is very very easy to make.
Ingredients for 1 brie en croute.
- 1 brie of about 5 inch wide ( i buy mine from Costco)
- 1 sheet of puff pastry dough thawed out.
- raspberry jelly
- 1/4 cup of toasted almond slices
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tsp of water to make the egg wash.
- Roll the puff pastry dough out on the roulpat. And roll it out to make it into a square. Place that square on the medium silpat that you would have placed on a perforated sheet. Set aside.
- Place the brie on its side on a cutting board, and with a sharp knife, cut the brie in half in its width.
- Place half of the brie in the middle of puff pastry square.
- Spoon a few tbsp of the raspberry jelly on that half, and place the other half of the brie on top the first one.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of the raspberry jelly on top again.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of toasted almonds on top of the raspberry.
- Take all four corners and gather them to the top. Gather the sides of the pastry to the top also. With your fingers, gather the dough together, twist the dough clockwise for a quarter turn and you will have like a knot.
- Flatten the knot.
- With a pastry brush, brush the egg wash all over the brie en croute.
- Cook at 375 for 30 minutes or until the dough id fluffed up and a golden color. Et voila!
- Serve with assorted crackers, and sliced green apples.
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!