Have you indulged much over the holidays? I will say that i did not. Not because I tried to be good, but all that I made was gone before I had time to have second. The cookies that I made were offered to my fellow co-workers at school. The macarons I made for my Christmas gifts were mostly gone as gifts, and my buche de Noel was all eaten by my two children before I had the chance to eat a piece. Boo hoo..
Well for those of you who need to start fixing lighter dinner option, I will offer you this quick recipe of baked chicken.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup of apricot marmalade
- 1/3 cup of bourbon
- 2 tbsp of old-fashioned mustard
- 1 /4 tsp or more of red pepper flakes
- First you will want to tenderize the chicken so that it will more tender.
- Cleanse the chicken by removing any nerves and fat.
- Then rinse each chicken breast under running cold water.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry.
- One at a time, place a chicken breast on the rectangular roulpat, fold the roulpat over the meat and with the rolling-pin, pound the chicken lightly to flatten it.
- Repeat this process for all chicken breast.
- Place all the chicken breast on the deep flexipat, and season the chicken by sprinkling salt and pepper on both sides. Set aside.
- Place all the ingredients mentioned above besides the chicken and the salt and pepper in a small saucepan and bring it to boil. Cook for a few minutes.
- Divide the sauce equally into two small bowls.
- With a pastry brush, brush the chicken with this mixture.
- Cook in a warm oven at 400 for 15 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it stand for a few minutes for the juices to be reabsorbed.
- Slice the chicken and serve.
- Drizzle more sauce over the chicken. Et voila!
I served my chicken with oven roasted potatoes, zucchini spaghetti.
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!