My sweet baby Lisa turned 17 on Thursday. Can you believe that this little one is almost an adult. Boo Hoo… Since we were out-of-town, and away from the rest of the family, we decided to take her out to a very nice restaurant on her actual birthday and chose to host her ” birthday” with family yesterday. One of her favorite dessert is the Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake from the Cheesecake factory so my intention was to recreate this wonderful dessert for her since we live many miles away from a Cheesecake restaurant, and we could not get her the actual cake from the famous Cheesecake Factory;
I used the chocolate cheesecake from the Hershey’s cookbook published in February 2010. I had originally intended to follow the recipe described in the cookbook and make a chocolate mousse on top but I ran out of time so we will have to duplicate this recipe at a later time.
Ingredients for a 10 inch round cheesecake that serves 12-16 people:
- 6 tbsp of butter melted
- 1 1/4 cups of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp of flour
- 1/3 cup of special dark Hershey cocoa
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
Truffle Cheesecake Layer:
- 3 packages of cream cheese at room temperature
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 10 oz of Ghiradhelli bittersweet chocolate chips
- First of all turn the oven on to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and the sugar.
- then add the vanilla, the eggs and mix well.
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt and blend.
- Place a large round mold onto a perforated sheet, and pour the chocolate mixture into the large round mold.
- Cook in a warm oven at 350 for 20 minutes ( when inserting a stick for doneness, it will not come out clean because you want the brownie to be soft and gooey).
While the brownie is cooking, prepare the batter for the cheesecake.
- Beat the cream cheese and the sugar until it is smooth and free of lumps.
- One at a time, add the eggs and beat after each addition.
- Then add the cream, vanilla extract and salt and mix well.
- Place the chocolate chips into a microwable bowl and cook for 90 seconds to 2 minutes or until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the cheesecake mixture and blend well.
- Carefully pour the chocolate mixture on top of the brownie.
- Place the grande mold on top of a perforated sheet. Place the large round mold inside the grande mold and place it both on the middle rack of the oven.
- Pour water into the grande mold for the bath, and cook the cake for 45 minutes in a warm oven of 350.
- When the cake is cooked, remove it from the water bath and let it cool at room temperature before placing it into the fridge.
- When the cake is cool, melt 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and drizzle the top of the cake with it. Refrigerate the cake for a few hours before eating it.
- Take the cake out of the fridge for a few hours before eating it. When serving, place a dollop of fresh whipped cream with it. Et voila!!!
I will say that the cake was very well appreciated by all. And the cake is so sinful that even though we were 15, and the slices were small, it was just enough. Yum!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!