Yesterday evening, I invited my brother-in-law and his family for dinner to exchange Christmas presents. Yes, isn’t it sad that even though we live in the same city, we could not meet until this weekend to meet?!?! But they left before the holidays, and we left out of town for a few days ourselves right after the holidays, therefore we could not meet until yesterday.
For dinner I prepared one of my daughter’s favorite dinner:
- Cabernet Beef and Veal Meatballs
- Truffle Mashed Potatoes
- Creamed Spinach
- Steamed Brusell Sprouts and
- Chocolate Eclairs
- Raspberry Macarons
This evening I will share with you a recipe of creamed spinach ( serves 4-6):
- 1 box of frozen spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of heavy cream or skim milk ( if you wish to make it healthier)
- 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of parmesan ( optional)
- 1/16 tsp. nutmeg
- Place the frozen spinach in the round mold, place the octogonal silpat on top of the round mold, and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Drain the spinach of the water using the colander and pushing with a spoon to remove as much water as you can. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan and when the butter is sizzling, add the chopped garlic. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add the spinach and saute them quickly ( 1 minute) to dry them up a bit more.
- Then add the flour and mix well.
- Add the cream, or the milk or the skim milk and bring to boil.
- When the mixture comes to boil, lower the temperature to low.
- Add the parmesan, 1/16 tsp of pepper, 1/16 to 1/8 tsp of nutmeg and mix well.
- Cook for a few minutes. Add salt if necessary.
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!