Summer offers such an array of beautiful colorful vegetables and fruits that it is easy to make your table fun and appetizing. Winter, on the other hand, is limited with its selection. So when I finally find fun vegetables like Belgium endives and radicchio I buy them to add a bit of color to my table and plate.
Belgium endives is a very common vegetable in France. It is served as salad and also as gratin. Whichever you ix it, you will want to add to the recipes something that counterpart the bitterness of the vegetable. And that is why in am using white balsamic vinegar in my recipe today:
Ingredients for 4:
- 1 head of radicchio
- 2 medium-sized endives.
- 2 tbsp of white vinegar
- 2 tbsp of walnut oil
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1/16 tsp of pepper
- 1/4 cup of gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup of walnuts broken in small pieces.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Chop the salad thinly and add it to the salad. Toss well.
- Add the chopped walnuts. and mix again.
- Add the cheese and toss, or serve the cheese on the side in case people in your home does not care for blue cheese.
- Eat up!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!