It was a bit late when I got home one night from a cooking class, and I know that you are not supposed to eat after 8:00, but when you are starving, you are going to eat… and it may be whatever you find. Luckily for me, we don’t have any bad snacks to snack on when we are hungry.. only cheese and fruits. Well those were not at all tempting, so I started gathering a few things on my counter to fix my dinner: chicken , parmesan, chili powder…
If you like chicken tenders with a bite, try those. They are pretty good! Not too spicy, just a bit… perfect;-)
Ingredients for 12 chicken tenders:
- 2 breast of chicken
- 1/2 cup of parmesan
- 2 tsp of Mexican Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 egg
- Turn the oven on the 400.
- Clean the chicken breast of any fat.
- Then place one chicken breast inside the roulpat and fold the roulpat over the chicken breast.
- With the rolling pin, pound the chicken breast to flatten it a bit. Remove the chicken breast and repeat this process with the other ones.
- Place the chicken breast on the chopping block and slice the chicken in its width in small strips of 1/3 of an inch. Place those strips in the metal bowl and add the salt and pepper.
- Mix well to coat the chicken. Add the egg and mix well again to make sure that all chicken strips are well coated with the egg mixture.
- In another bowl, mix the parmesan and the Mexican Chili Powder and mix well.
- With your fingers, transfer the chicken strips in the bread mixture and mix so that the chicken fingers will be coated with the mixture. Take a large silpat or 2 medium silpat ( previously laid on perforated sheet) and lay the chicken breasts on the it.
- Place the perforated sheet in the oven and cook for 6-8 minutes.
I ate those yummy chicken tenders with some steamed broccoli slaw. 😉
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!