What are you guys doing for Valentine’s?
I am going to stay home and prepared a wonderful meal for my sweet family.
If you are looking for a quick dessert that is easy to make but it is so very yummy, try those cupcakes!
Those cupcakes are so yummy that they are hard to resist even right out of the oven. I had to make two bunches because my children and I could not keep our hands of them, and I had nothing left to make picture with;-)
The ingredients are about the same as a cake I posted a year ago. https://cecilecuisine.com/2011/09/29/fudge-cake/
Ingredients for about 20 mini cupcakes:
- 1 cup of al purpose flour
- 1/4 cup and 2 Tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of table salt
- 1/2 cup of butter melted and warm
- 1 1/4 cups f brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Chocolate Ganache
- Sprinkles of all colors.
- Turn your oven to 375.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl mix the melted butter and the brown sugar.
- Then add the vanilla and the eggs.
- Dump the flour mixture in the egg and butter mixture and stir. Empty the batter into a plastic bag, or a pastry bag and pipe the cake into the opening of the mini cupcake mold.
- Cook the cakes for 13-15 minutes until the top is puffed up and a it crunchy ( but the center will still be gouey).
- Let the cakes cool in the pan for a few minutes, before removing them. You may eat them warm, they are really yummy!!!
- If you wish to eat them as a cupcake, wait until they are completely cooled before piping the ganache as the frosting.
Ingredients for the ganache:
- 2 cups of Giradhelli Bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup of heavy cream.
- In a large bowl, place the chocolate.
- Place the heavy cream in a microwave proof container and warm up the cream for 2 minutes until it is starting to boil.
- Add the hot cream to the chocolate.
- Let it rest for a minute or 2, then mix well until all the chocolate has melted and the ganache is becoming smooth.
- Pipe the ganache onto the cake.
- Decorate as you wish. Et voila!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!