I had some phyllo dough left overs, and since I did not want to waste it I though I could use on Valentine’s Day to make some amuse-bouches or fingers foods to enjoy while dinner was being cooked.
- 1 puff pastry dough sheet or 2 if you want more
- 1 boursin cheese ( you will only used about 1/3 of it)
- 1 egg beaten up with 1/4 tsp of water.
- Turn the oven to 375.
- Place the dough onto a roulpat and roll the dough flat into about 1/8 of inch.
- With a shaper of your choice, cut the dough in the shape that you want. Today I used a heart cutter that I had bought at Walmart many moons ago.
- Spoon 1/4 tsp of boursin cheese and place it on each shape.
- Place the other dough on top of the boursin cheese.
- With a spoon, press the outside rim of each dough to close them up.
- Place them onto a silpat.
- Make the egg wash ( 1 egg mixed with 1/2 tsp of water), and brush each pastry with the egg wash.
- Cook them for 12 minutes at 375 or until they are golden and flaky.
- Sprinkle some paprika.
- Enjoy them while hot;-) Yum!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!