The day before valentine’s I needed to fix dinner and since I had some cauliflower in the fridge I decided to make a cauliflower gratin with bechamel as it is one of my children’s favorite. I had a million of things to do that day so I asked my sweet child to go grocery shopping for me.
To my liking she had bought all I needed ( not like someone else in the house;-), but she had also bought another cauliflower… Two to fix…. That was a bit much…
I guess I could have roasted the cauliflower florets in the oven later on this week but with Valentin’s coming, I decided that a cauliflower cream would be good:-)
And it is easy to make too:-)
Ingredients for about 6-8 servings:
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1 medium white onion , sweet preferably
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1-2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/8 tsp of pepper
- Cut the cauliflower in small florets.
- Place them in the large round mold and place the octogonal silpat.
- Cook for 6/8 minutes. It needs to be tender.
- Meanwhile warm up 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large pot and when the oil is warm add the chopped onion.
- Stir and cook until it sweats. Then add the cooked cauliflower and cook it also for a few minutes.
- Add the warm broth, salt, pepper and stir.
- Bring the mixture to boil, then lower to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- Purée the soup, add the cream and warm it up. Add salt if needed.
- Fill up individual bowls and sprinkle celeri seed, or salt on top for added flavor.
Bon appetit and happy cooking!!!