Last week I purchased a few cans of Italian tomatoes at Costco because they looked interesting and I thought they must taste great.
I will tell you that I have been very pleased with my purchase:-) They make wonderful sauces or dipping sauces without much efforts.
This evening I thought to use one can to accommodate my fish. I used Sea Bass for this recipe, but you can use any fish of course.
Ingredients for 2:
- 1 can of tomato
- 1tbsp of sugar
- 1tbsp of fresh oregano chopped thinly
- 1 or 2 sea bass filet ( depending how much you eat)
- 1/2 tsp of butter
- Empty the tomatoes into a chopper or a mixer and puree the tomatoes
- Pour the puree into a medium saucepan.
- Add 1 tbsp of of sugar, 1 tbsp of fresh oregano, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/4-1/8 tsp of pepper and bring this mixture to boil.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter into a small frying pan.
- When the butter is melted and is sizzling, place the filet of fish and saute quickly, for less than a minute on each side.
- Scoop the sauce into the large round mold.
- Place the filet on top of the sauce.
- Place the octogonal silpat on top of the large round mold and cook the fish for 5 minutes into a warm oven of 400.
- To eat, spoon the sauce onto individual plates. Place the fish in the middle and place a twig of oregano for decoration. Et voila!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!