Yesterday as I walked past the fruit display at my favorite grocery store, I could not help smelling the beautiful scent of peaches. In the winter??? Well they smelled so appetizing that I could not help but buy them. I ate some by themselves, but used 1 of them to my tuna.
Ingredients for 1-2:
- 1 large sashimi tuna filet
- 1 large peach, chopped thinly
- 1/4 cup of red onion chopped
- 1 tsp of the smokehouse Maple Seasoning from Grill Mates
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of butter or olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- On a plate, empty 1 tsp of maple seasoning and press the tuna on it to coat the tuna on both sides.
- Place a large frying pan onto the stove and turn to heat to medium high. Add the olive oil or the butter and when it is hot, sear the tuna on each side for 1 minute.
- Remove the tuna from the sauce pan.
- Add the chopped onion to the same saucepan and saute them for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped peach, 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar and bring the mixture to boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the tuna on individual plates, spoon some of the peach salsa over the fish and enjoy!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!