What you guys eating for breakfast? I wish I had time to fix eggs in the morning, but I am not a morning person, and I rather sleep a little later than preparing a balanced breakfast. So if I don’t think to fix quiches the night before, i am left with eating cereal bars, peanut butter on wheat or a smoothie.
This past few days I was trying to figure out what to add to my shake/ smoothie to include more protein. I don’t like peanut butter in my smoothie, and I can’t really eat yogurt because it upset my stomach. That’s when I thought of tofu. I will say that I really like the texture of my smoothie. It was not too liquid or thick, and tasted great. I hope you will give it a try.
Ingredients for 1 smoothie of about 2 cups:
- 1/2 of a container or about 8 oz. of the soft tofu shown here
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 tbsp of fresh basil
- 1-2 tbsp. of honey, aguave, or brown sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of almond milk if necessary to liquify the smoothie.
- Place all the ingredients into a chopper and puree until it is smooth.
- Add almond milk if necessary to make the smoothie to your liking.
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!