With Spring around the corner, I fell like a refreshing dessert this week-end. I wanted something with light pastel color… What to do??? I thought of a panna cotta, it is light, and refreshing. Today I used lime but you can use any other seasonal fruit.
Panna cotta is one of my favorite desserts, because it requires very few ingredients, it is easy to do and can make some quite amazing looking desserts without efforts. All you need is find a fun tray to mold your panna cotta into.
Today i used the petal tray from Demarle.
Ingredients for 12 flowers panna cotta:
- 2 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- 1 pack of gelatin from
- zest of 2 limes
- Rinse the 2 limes that you will be using.
- grate the zest of each lime using a small grater.
- Set the zest aside.
- Squeeze the juice out of the 2 limes.
- In a small bowl, empty the content of 1 pack of gelatin. Pour the lime juice over it and stir. Let it rest for a few minutes until the gelatin expands.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, pour the heavy cream, the zest, the sugar and the gelatin and stir.
- Cook the mixture over a medium temperature and bring to boil.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Then pour the mixture into the container of your choice. I chose to use the petal mold.
- Place the tray into the freezer for 2-4 hours.
- To serve, unmold the flowers onto individual plates, and let the Panna cotta thaw out at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- I placed 2 flowers per plate and decorate the plates with some more lime zest.
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!