I have the tendency to wander in the aisles of any grocery store looking for new products, or produces. Well yesterday was not much different. As I needed to pick up a few things at Costco, I found a spice I had never seen before: Sweet Ginger Garlic.
I had already picked big prawns for my dinner so now I was set;-)
- 4-6 prawns per person
- 1 tbsp of sweet ginger garlic seasoning
- 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- First rinse the shrimps under running water.
- Then remove the skin off the shrimps just leaving the tail on.
- Place the shrimps in a large bowl, sprinkle the sweet ginger seasoning, add the olive oil and mix well.
- Let the shrimps marinate for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- When you are ready to cook the shrimps, turn the oven to 400.
- Place the shrimps on a large silpat or on a flexipan and cook them for 6-8 minutes. ( i like my shrimps to be moist and not too hard).
- While the shrimps are cooking, steam some broccoli in the large round mold in the microwave (90 sec for a single serving, 2 minutes if the bowl is half-full and 5 minutes for a full bowl).
If you don’t want to eat brocoli, you may eat a salad. This seasoning is also great to fix a salad dressing. The proportion that I used were ( 2tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp of rice vinegar and 1 tsp of ginger seasoning). C’est tout!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!