While prawns sounded amazing to me, you could bet that it was not anything my daughter and husband dreamt of eating. Knowing that they would not eat what I had planned for me, I planned to prepare a not so shabby dinner for them:
Quick garlic mashed potatoes, sirloin with melted Boursin and steamed dill green beans.
Ingredients for 3-4:
- 6 potatoes
- 2 cups of liquid, broth, milk, or cream
- 1 tbsp of garlic, herb seasoning from Mrs. Dash
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 3 sirloin steaks
- 3 tbsp of boursin Cheese at room temperature
- salt and pepper
- Peel and cube 6 potatoes.
- Cook the potatoes as you would normally or place the potatoes into a large round mold with 1 tbsp of the garlic seasoning from Mrs. Dash, place the octogonal silpat on top of the round mold and cook the potatoes for 13-15 minutes in the microwave.
- Empty the potatoes into a large bowl, mash them.
- Microwave the liquid that you would be using ( cream, milk or broth).
- Pour the hot liquid over them while stirring. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Pour the potatoes back into the large round mold. Cover it with the octagonal silpat and cook for another 2 minutes to fluff up the potatoes.
- During that time, warm up 1 tbsp of butter in a large frying pan, and sauté the steaks when the butter is sizzling. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes. Turn the steak and cook again for 2/3 minutes.
- When the steak is cooked to your liking, place it on individual plates, place a Tbsp. of Boursin cheese at room temperature on top the steak. Add the potatoes besides the steak, and the dill green beans and enjoy!
They enjoyed it much more than they would have the prawns;-)
Bon appetit and happy cooking!!!