People often comment how busy I am, and ask how i manage to fix dinner for my family every night. I often laugh and just answer that it is easy to do… but being able to have dinner every night takes a lot of juggling and a lot of time management. But you know what ?!?! sometimes like everyone else we have sandwiches for dinner as well;-)
I thought i would share this recipe so that you too can make sandwiches on your silpat:
Ingredients for 4 people ( 8 sandwiches):
- 16 slices of bread , I used Whole Wheat
- 8 slices of ham, or turkey for each sandwich
- 16 slices of swiss cheese per sandwich
- dijon mustard
- grated italian cheese
- Turn the oven to 375.
- Place a large silpat on a perforated sheet and place 8 pieces of bread on the silpat.
- spread some butter or some mustard on all 8 slices.
- Lay one slice of cheese, then a slice of ham, then a slice of cheese again.
- Place a piece of bread on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle some cheese on the top.
- PLace the pan into the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- While the sandwiches are cooking, prepare the salad.
Ingredients for Strawberry and Mix Green Salad:
- 3 cups of arugula
- 3 cups of watercress
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp of truffle oil
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1/16 tsp of pepper
- 4-6 strawberries slices thinly
- 1 tsp of sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, mix all the seasoning for the dressing until it becomes homogeneous.
- Add the salad and toss. Add the slices strawberries and toss gently. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and set the salad aside until the sandwiches are cooked.
- When the sandwiches are cooked, slice them in half.
- Place them on a plate and add the salad on the side. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and enjoy!!!
For those of you who are not sure about making sandwiches in the oven, I will tell you that they were better than using my sandwich press. They were much more moist. YUM!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!