Last night I was craving some Thai food. All day I dreamt of eating my favorite Thai dish: Tofu in a Red Curry Sauce. I had so much to do though, that they were no time to go to a restaurant, and since the word “take out” is not in our vocabulary, I just swung by the store in search of what I needed to make that dish right after school;-)
I hope that you will try this dish at home, it is very inexpensive, needs only 5 minutes to cook and is delicious!!!!
Ingredients for 4:
- 1 lb. of shrimps, unpeeled and deveined.
- 1 bag of frozen peas thawed out.
- 1/2 can of coconut milk or about 1 cup.
- 3 tbsp. of Roasted Red Chili Paste
- 1 tbsp. of fresh basil
- 1 can of baby corn, drained.
- If using fresh shrimps, peel the shrimps, and slice the back of each shrimp to remove what looks like a vein.
- Rinse the shrimps and pat them dry. If using frozen shrimps, thaw them out and pat them dry before using them.
- Scoop the foamy part of the coconut milk into a small saucepan.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of the Roasted Red Chili Paste, mix well and place onto a warm stove.
- Bring this mixture to boil.
- Add the shrimps, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the rest of the coconut milk and stir.
- Add the peas, and the corn and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Before serving, chop some basil, and mix it well into the mixture.
- Eat… Yumm, Yumm…
You may want to fix some coconut rice to serve with it. I did not, it tasted great without it.
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!