Last week I made some teriyaki chicken, one of my children new favorite and because I had some left-overs teriyaki sauce, i used it to make teriyaki salmon this evening. Yum;-)
Ingredients for 2:
- 2 salmon filet
- 4 tbsp of teriyaki sauce ( sauce below)
Ingredients for the teriyaki sauce:
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch,
- 1 tbsp of water,
- 1/2 cup of white sugar (or 1/2 cup of honey or even agave syrup),
- 1/2 cup of low sodium soy sauce,
- 1/4 cup of cider vinegar,
- 2 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil,
- 2 cloves of garlic minced,
- 2-3 tablespoons of fresh ginger,
- 1/4 black pepper,
- 1 tbsp of white sesame seeds optional,
- 1 tbsp of black sesame seeds optional
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients and stir.
- Bring the mixture to boil.
- Turn the heat down and cook stirring frequently until the sauce thickens.
- Let the sauce cool before using it.
I did not have time to marinade the filet before baking it, but it tasted great without it. I am certain however that marinading the salmon would improve the taste.
- Turn the oven to 400.
- Place the salmon filet on a silpat that you would have previously placed on a medium perforated sheet.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce over the salmon and baste it with a pastry brush.
- Cook it in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with some coconut rice, and roasted Brocoli and Cauliflower. Et Voila.Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!