Ahh Spring break… it is almost here.. i can see it and yet it seems so far away…. 5 Days. 5 days and I will be enjoying my Spring Break and sleeping late;-) Yeah…
Well Spring Break is not here yet, and I have still a thousand things to do before I am on vacation: Homeworks, quizzes to review with my child… and the rest of my duties as a mom.
Monday was exactly that: a thousand things to do and no time…So of course I did not spend much time trying to fix dinner. I looked in my fridge, and gathered what I had: prosciutto, puff pastry ( yep another one- my fridge is a veritable treasure box).
Ingredients for 6:
- 1 puff pastry sheet thaw out ( 30 minutes to 45 min.) Keep it in the fridge until you are ready to use it or it will become sticky and will not unfold.
- 8oz. of proscuitto finely sliced
- 8 oz. of italian cheese mix
- 1-2 tbsp. of rosemary Herb Blend
- 2-3 cups of watercress
- Turn the oven to 400.
- Place the roul’pat on your counter and place the puff pastry on it.
- Unfold it and with a rolling pin, spread the pastry so that it will fit the flexipan perfectly.
- With a fork, prick the bottom of the pie.
- Spread the cheese evenly over the pie dough.
- Place the prosciutto all over the cheese, do not lay the sheets flat. I kind of gather them up a bit.
- Sprinkle the rosemary herb blend over the prosciutto.
- Cook the tart for 15-18 minutes or until the edges are a golden brown.
- Before cutting the tart, spread the watercress over the tart.
- Slice the tart over a cutting board and slice the tart in 8 pieces.
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!