Please pardon my absence. It was Spring break at our house last week, and just like my children, I too took a break. It was much needed, I am feeling much rested and refreshed.
For spring break, we went away for a week and I did not cook a bit. It was nice to be taken care of, for a change. Though I enjoyed the food very much, I am going to need to be watching my diet in the next few weeks if I want to wear those summer dresses and bathing suits;-)
For tonite, I decided to have shrimps for dinner. I used what I had on hand.
Ingredients for 4:
- 1 bag of brocoli slaw
- 1 pack of 24 oz. large shrimps deveined and peeled. I used frozen shrimps, but of course you could use fresh ones as well.
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1/32 tsp of salt
- 1/32 tsp of pepper
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- If using frozen shrimps, thaw them out by either leaving them in the fridge the night before, or by defrosting them in the microwave.
- With a paper towel, pat the shrimps dry.
- Empty the shrimps in a large bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients to the shrimps and mix well.
- Marinade for 30 minutes if possible.
- Turn the oven to 400 and place the shrimps on a large silpat that you would have placed on a large perforated sheet.
- Cook for 6 minutes.
- You can also quickly saute the shrimps in a frying pan. Just warm up 1 tbsp of butter and when the butter is sizzling, add the shrimps. Cook them for a few minutes ( 2-3 minutes) or until they are becoming pink.
- While the shrimps are cooking, empty the broccoli slaw into the large round mold, place the octogonal silpat on top and cook the slaw in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper into the cooked brocoli slaw and stir.
- To serve, spoon the brocoli on each plate and place some shrimps on top of the brocoli. Et voila!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!