After spending a week having copious breakfast, I tried to resume to my school breakfast this Monday ( smoothies or cereal bars), but was not satisfied and was famined by the time 10am came. So last night I decided to make some crustless quiches.
At first I thought of making one of my favorite, Asparagus and Boursin crustless quiches but since I had other ingredients on hand, i decided to play a bit.
My quiche may not look that appetizing, but it was very good and very satisfying. I think next time I will however place arugula at the bottom of the quiche and not at the top for esthetic reason.
Ingredients for 6 individual quiches:
- 6 tbsp of sun-dried tomatoes ( the soft ones, or the one preserved in olive oil)
- 6 tbsp of shredded parmesan
- 8 oz. of fat-free ham ( sliced thinly and cut in small squares)
- 3 oz. of fresh arugula chopped
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups of milk
- dash of pepper
- Turn the oven to 400.
- Place the large round tray on a medium perforated sheet.
- Divide the ham among each round.
- Continue with the parmesan and finally the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Divide the arugula equally in each round.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and the milk. Season lightly with some pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture in each round equally.
- Bake in a warm oven for 25 minutes.
- Eat warm or cold.
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!