It had been a while since I made some brownies. Not because I don’t like them, but because if I make them i will eat them, and I do not, do not need to eat them.
Well this past Wednesday we had a faculty meeting at our school, and many times teachers are asked to bring a snack to serve at those meetings. This time was my turn. After thinking what to cook, I decided on something chocolate. Who does not like chocolate???Brownies are also so easy to make that I decided to make a batch. Of course, it is more fun to try a new recipe than to use an old one so I used a new one from “Chocolate” by Better Homes and Garden 2012.
Ingredients for about 40 small brownies:
- 3 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tbsp of butter softened
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup of flour and 1 tbsp of flour
- 3/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 6 oz. of chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup of butter
- 2 1/4 cup of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of almond extract
- Turn the oven to 375. Place the flexipat on a medium perforated sheet. Place the metal frame inside the flexipat.
- In a bowl, stir 1 1/4 cup of flour, baking powder, sat and set aside.
- In a bowl, place the chocolate and 1 stick and 1/2 of butter and microwave for 90 seconds or until they are both completely melted.
- Add 2 1/4 cup of sugar to the chocolate mixture while beating on low-speed.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beating well each time.
- Add the milk, vanilla and almond extract and mix well.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Spread this mixture into the flexipan. Shake the pan by hitting the end against your counter to make the batter spread evenly out.
- Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese and 2 tbsp of butter until it is becoming creamy.
- Add 1/4 cup of sugar and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix. Then add 1 tbsp of flour and combine.
- Pour this mixture over the batter into lines.
- With a knife, go from left to right to make zizzag pattern into brownie.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool in the pan completely before unmolding the cake and cutting it into squares.
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!