Yesterday, I had a millions of things to do and I knew that I could not spend too much time in the kitchen so I decided to swing by the fresh market to pick up some sirloin steaks.
I knew I was not going to eat that ( I am not a red meat fan), but I still had not a idea of what I would eat when entering the store. I was not worried because I can always find something;-)
Well as soon as I walked in, I saw a beautiful display of bull tomatoes.
Tomatoes, unlike fruit never really picked my interest but those were so pretty that they looked that they would make a great dinner;-) Those tomatoes came in so many colors that I thought it would be fun to have a colorful salad for a change:-)
But what to eat with it???? Fish?? maybe.. as I looked into the fish display I saw some beautiful tuna steaks.
Tina sashimi had been so rare to find this past year that I decided that they too would become my dinner.
Dinner for me was set: Tuna and tomato salad:-)
Ingredients for 2:
- 1 red bull tomato
- 1 green bull tomato
- 1 yellow
- 1 tsp of chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/8 tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard
- olive oil or 1/2 tsp of butter
- Rinse the tomatoes very well.
- Cut them in their width and again in their length to make cubes. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the mustard, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the tomatoes and the fresh basil and stir. Set aside.
- In a small frying pan, warm up the 1/2 tsp of butter. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on both sides of the tuna steak.
- When the butter is sizzling, add the tuna steak and sear it for 1 minute. Turn it and sear it for another minute. Cook it longer if you want it more done (I like mine rare).
- Slice the steak in cubes and mix those with the tomato salad. Et voila!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!