We work all week long and when we have time, it is raining, even pouring. It is so upsetting. I hate rain. I can’t go outside and go for my jog and it puts a damper on my mood.
So what to do when it is raining??? In my house, we watched TV and do a lot of nothing;-) Me, I cook. So today I cooked a yummy onion soup for our lunch, and I fixed some Sable Breton.
This evening I wanted to add a bit of sunshine to my plate so I prepared Seared Scallops on a bed of corn and red onion.
It was quick, easy to do, yummy to my stomach and it really brightened my morose day;-)
Ingredients for 2:
- 6 to 8 fresh scallops
- 3 ears of corn
- 1/2 red onion sliced and diced
- 4 scallions
- 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp of Grill Mates Smokehouse Maple
- 1 tsbp of butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Place the corn inside the large round mold and cover the mold with the octogonal silpat.
- Microwave for 4 minutes.
- With a sharp knife, cut the corn off the ear, and set aside.
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a frying pan, and when the butter is sizzling, add the diced onion and saute it until it turns golden.
- Then add the corn and saute it as well.
- Add the chopped scallions and saute it.
- Season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and stir.
- Empty the content of the pan into a plate and cover it so that it will not cool down.
- Rinse the scallops over running water. With a paper towel, pat them dry.
- Spread the Smokehouse Maple seasoning over a plate or in a bowl and dip each scallops into the seasoning to coat them with that seasoning. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, melt 1/2 tsp of butter. When the butter is sizzling, sear the scallops for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn them and sear them the other side.
- Spoon some of the corn on each plate and place the seared scallops on top. Serve and Enjoy!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!