Tomorrow being Mother’s Day, we will have brunch with the whole family. This means eating small bite-sized food and eating an array of lunch and breakfast items. I love brunches because you can make some really fun and beautiful food. What will you do? I would have loved to fix brunch at my house but my husband forbid me to do so saying that it was my day, and as my day I was not allowed to go into the kitchen. Well if you can cook and looking for fun things to do, here is a fun dessert bite that is very very easy to do.
Ingredients for 48 mini cups:
- a bag of bittersweet chocolate chips ( i prefer ghiradhelli)
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 48 raspberry ( about 2 boxes )
- Place half of the chocolate into a microwavable bowl and cook in the microwave for 90 seconds. Stir and cook for another 30 seconds. The chocolate should be liquid, and free of lumps. If it is not microwave it again for another 30 seconds.
- Place the petit four tray on top of the medium perforated sheet and with a pastry brush, brush the inside of each cups.
- When finished, place the tray in the freezer or in the fridge for 5 minutes to cure the chocolate.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and brush the chocolate cups again to make them stronger. At this point, you may need to melt more chocolate.
- Place the tray back into the freezer or fridge.
- Meanwhile, place the heavy cream, with the vanilla and the sugar into a bowl and with a whisk beat the cream until the cream makes hard peaks. ( if you have a kitchen mixer, it is faster so you use it).
- Place the tray on the counter. Fill the cream into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip and pipe the cream into each cup.
- Place a raspberry on top of the whipped cream.
- This dessert will stay good for 1-2 hours in the fridge ( make sure to whip the cream into hard peaks or it will fall and the whipped cream will run).
- Only display this dessert when your guests are ready for desserts or the chocolate will soften and those cups will be difficult to pick up.
- Et voila!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!