With the sun finally here and temperature rising, I have been wanting to eat food that bring sunshine to my plate and my stomach;-) colorful salad, fruit salsa, fish tacos, and fruit desserts.
And this morning, it is was not any different. As I awoke, I started thinking about what I would like to eat this evening and I thought of making tacos. I felt like eating a taco with a fresh guacamole salsa but the store that I went to only offered avocados that were as hard as stone so i grabbed a few bell pepper instead not really knowing what I would do. But they looked so appetizing:-).
Salmon with the sweet and red pepper sauce is one of my favorite recipe, so I decided that i could do the same to accompany my fish.
Ingredients for 4
- 2 large Tilapia
- 1 small purple onion sliced very thinly
- 1 red bell pepper sliced very thinly
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced very thinly as well
- 1/2 cup of white wine or broth if you do not use alcohol
- 1-2 tbsp of brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of Mexican Hot Chili Pepper POwder
- 1/8 red pepper flakes Optional
- Turn the oven to 425.
- In a large saute pan, warm up 2 tbsp of olive oil. When the oil is warm, add the onion and saute them.
- Then add the bell peppers and saute them as well.
- Add the white wine or broth, the brown sugar, stir and bring this mixture to boil.
- When the mixture has come to boil, turn the heat down to low. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5-10 minutes. If you want more heat, add red pepper flakes.
- Meanwhile, pat the filet dry and place them onto a deep flexipan or a medium silpat that you would have placed on a medium perforated sheet.
- With a pastry brush, brush the filet with olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and Mexican Hot Chili Pepper and place the pan into the oven.
- Cook the filet for 12 minutes or until the fish is cooked but still moist. ( I cannot believe how huge those filets were, those filets were so huge that they almost weight a pound each- I had never seen tilapia filet that thick but they were awesome).
- Place 4 tortillas on a plate. Place the octogonal over the tortillas and cook for 30 seconds to warm them up.
- To serve, place some of the fish inside the tortilla. Spoon a bit of piperade over the fish.
- Roll the tortilla close and eat up. Yum!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!