This past Saturday I had a very busy plate: Cooking class at 10 for 12 young ladies and a small order of appetizers for that same afternoon. I could have cooked dinner, but i chose to go for a long run and to play in my kitchen so when it was time for dinner there was nothing to offer. I will tell you that I really was not in the mood to make dinner because I knew that what I wanted to cook would not please my husband, and what he wanted was not going to please me. So what to do??? I did not want to go out for dinner and we did not want to take out. As i opened my fridge for inspiration, i saw two small brie that Lisa had purchased for the cooking class.
My family loves baked Brie and especially Garlic Baked Brie. They were introduced to this yummy appetizer in France and I thought that tonite this easy appetizer would make for a fun dinner option. Easy, simple, Yummy. ….Yeah i know, not to healthy but it was Saturday night so who cares…
Ingredients for 2-4:
- 2 individual sized brie from President
- 8 garlic cloves peeled and sliced in half
- 2 baguette uncooked from the freezer section of the grocery store or from Costco.
- Turn the oven to 400.
- Remove the brie from its box and its wrapping.
- Place the brie on a cutting board.
- With a sharp knife, make 8 cuts on the top of the brie all around.
- Place a half of a garlic in each slit.
- Place the brie and the baguette on a silpat and cook for 8 minutes.
- when the brie is ready, remove it from the oven.
- Place it on a plate and eat with the sliced bread, and sliced apples. You can also serve a salad to eat along. Et voila!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!