I hope that you had a restful week-end. I certainly have and this morning will be even tougher to go back to work. But I should not complain, summer is very near;-)
This week-end I had time to spend a little of time in my kitchen and since I had seen a recipe of Creme Brulee Oatmeal, I thought to give it a try, or several tries;-)
Ingredients for 4 individual ramekins:
- 1 cup of regular oatmeal
- 2 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of vanilla
- 2 tbsp of maple, or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar to sprinkle
- fresh fruit
In the recipes posted on the internet, they cooked the oatmeal in the oven for a good 25 minutes. In my recipe, you can shorten this recipe considerably if you are cooking the oatmeal first in the microwave.
- Place all the ingredients above and mix well.
- Cook the oatmeal mixture in the microwave for 3 minutes using the large round mold and the octogonal silpat.
- Fill each individual bowls. I used Pot de creme of about 1 cup each, and individual tartlet molds.
- Place the bowls onto a perforated sheet and cook them for 10 minutes in the oven at 400. IF YOU HAVE NOT PRE-COOKED THE OATMEAL IN THE MICROWAVE, YOU WILL NEED TO COOK THE OATMEAL IN THE OVEN FOR 20 MINUTES.
- Sprinkle some sugar over each individual cups and broil, or cook at 475 for 2-3 minutes to caramelize the sugar.
- Serve warm with fresh fruits. Yummy;-)
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!