Yesterday was the last day of school. Yeah!!! and once I finished everything and was allowed to go home, I went home, put on comfortable clothes and relaxed in the back patio. It was so lovely that I stayed there until the sun set which was almost till 9pm. Needless to say that at this time i did not really want to fix dinner so I let my family fix what they wanted while i decided to use the tomatoes I had purchased a few days ago from a local farmer,
Ingredients for 2 tomato sandwiches:
- 1 ripe tomato sliced in 5 slices
- 4 whole wheat toasts
- 1- 2 tsp of mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- optional gorgonzola
- 6 bacon strips/ or about 3 tbsp of bacon bits
- turn the oven to 400.
- place the toast on a silpat and toast for 5 minutes. You may also use your toaster to toast the bread.
- remove the toast from the oven and spread some mayonnaise on all toasts.
- Place the bacon strips on 2 of the toasts, then the tomatoes slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- At this point you may want to add some fresh Gorgonzola. I do sometimes;-)
- Place the final toast. Press with your hand, cut and enjoy. Yummy!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!