Yesterday like most Sunday, I tried to cook a good dinner. As I set out my ingredients for all I intended to cook for dinner ( scalloped potatoes, Ribs, Green Beans and Strawberry tart)t I got hungry. I could have just snacked on things here and there but I had been dreaming about fixing pizza with gorgonzola and honey and decided to fix it as our appetizers.
I used whole wheat tortillas in the past to make quick pizzas, and since I had a few left over from a previous dinner, I decided to make my pizza with it. Whole wheat tortillas is a much healthier substitution to pizza dough, and it cooks much faster.
Ingredients for 4 individual pizzas:
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 24 thin slices of gorgonzola
- 1/2 purple onion sliced very thinly as well
- 4 tsp of honey
- Turn the oven to 400.
- Place a large silpat on a large perforated sheet. Place the four tortillas on the large silpat.
- Lay the gorgonzola all over each tortilla.
- Then top the gorgonzola with the sliced purple onion.
- Sprinkle some pepper.
- Cook in the oven for 5-6 minutes. I placed my pizza on the top tier of the oven.
- Warm the honey for 10 seconds in the microwave and drizzle it over each pizza.
- Cut in squares and enjoy as an entree, or as an appetizer as we did here;-)
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!