Today I will present a very easy and healthy recipe: Roasted Cauliflower. Growing up my mom always steamed cauliflower and we would usually eat it with a white sauce. Even my mother-in-law prepares it this way. I have made puree with Cauliflower as well. You can make Mashed Cauliflower, or incorporate some cauliflower to mashed potatoes to make them healthier;-)
But I had never made Roasted CAuliflower until a friend of mine suggested it. So here it is. Here I am seasoning the cauliflower with Roasted and Chives Herb Mix from Demarle, but really any spices would taste great on it.
Ingredients for 2:
- 1/4 of a cauliflower head or about 1 cup.
- 1 tsp of roasted garlic and chives Demarle Herb Mix
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Cut the florets off the head of the cauliflower. Then slice each floret thinly. Repeat until you have used 1/4 of the cauliflower or about 1 cup.
- Place the sliced cauliflower in a bowl, and drizzle the cauliflower with about 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- With a spoon stir so as to coat the slices of cauliflower with the olive oil.
- Place a silpat on a perforated sheet and lay the cauliflower on it.
- Season with salt and pepper and with the roasted garlic herb mix.
- Cook in a warm oven for 8 minutes. Et voila!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!
If you like this recipe, I would love for you to subscribe to this blog by entering your e-mail address into the box on the right of this post. Also if you have time, please rate or post a comment. Your comments are always much appreciated. Thank you 😉