Yesterday, out of curiosity and out of nostalgia, I bought a fresh coconut. Though I was not certain what to do with it, I searched the net and found out that you can make coconut milk and coconut flakes. I made both and was so proud of myself. I never knew that I would have been able to make such fancy things;-))))
So I was left with a cup or so of coconut milk and decided to make ice-cream with it, or sorbet. Of course that cup of coconut milk was not going to make a lot so I added more coconut milk from a can.
Ice-cream has usually a cream and a custard base, but this ice-cream really has nothing besides coconut milk and sugar.
Ingredients for 4:
- 2 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 3/4 cup of sugar, honey or agave ( I used agave syrup).
- In a large bowl, mix the coconut milk and the sugar.
- if you have an ice-cream churn, turn it on and pour the mixture in it. Let the ice-cream churn do its magic and within 20 minutes you will have some yummy ice-cream.
- It will be still very soft so place this soft ice-cream into a container and freeze for 1 hour.
- If you do not have an ice-cream churn, simply pour the mixture into a container and place this container in the freezer.
- Every 30 minutes, take the container out and with a fork mix the mixture to fluff it up. Repeat this step until the ice-cream is getting thick and the consistency of your liking.
- C’est tout!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!