Last night I was so busy making phone calls and replying to e-mails that I failed to see the hours pass. Of course, with a family of 3 waiting to be fed still at 9pm, there was not a lot of time left for me to fix dinner. Luckily there is always an array of cheese and cold-cuts in the fridge so that dinner can be fixed in no time. So last night, dinner for my family ended up being a Smoked Gruyere, Proscuitto and Mushroom tart and Mixed Salad.
I served this tart as a main meal, but it would make for a fabulous appetizer!!!
Ingredients for 1 tart of 10X 15 inches for 4-6 people:
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 block of about 8oz. of Smoked Gruyere grated
- 8 slices of thin proscuitto
- 1/2 box of small portobello mushrooms
- a few sprigs of thyme
- Take the dough out of the freezer and let it thaw out for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Turn the oven to 400.
- Place the dough onto the roulpat, and with a rolling pin, roll the dough out to fit the flexipan perfectly.
- Place the dough onto the flexipan that would have been placed on a medium perforated sheet.
- With a fork, perforate the bottom of the tart.
- Layer 3/4 cup of cheese all over the tart.
- Then place the prosciutto slices.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese.
- Remove the thyme from the sprigs and sprinkle it all over the tart.
- Cook the tart for 20 minutes.
- Serve the tart with a salad.
Bon Appetit And Happy Cooking!!!