I love Italian food, great Italian food. I love to eat it and I love to fix it. So how did I learn to make good Italian food? Well the answer is very simple. I learned it from my first boyfriend’s grandmother. She was Sicilian and she taught many wonderful recipes such as Gnocchi, Fresh Pasta, Osso Bucco and Chicken Parmigiano.
I love to fix Italian food, but like French food, many recipes takes much time to prepare and cook. For those reasons, fixing French and Italian fare is not practical to fix on a school night. Today however I will share a quick way that will allow to fix Chicken Parmigiano in less than 30 minutes.
Chicken Parmigiano for 4-6 people:
- 4 chicken breasts,
- 1/4 tsp of salt,
- 1/8 tsp of pepper,
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder,
- 1/2 cup of italian bread crumb,
- 1/2 cup of parmesan,
- 2 eggs,
- 1 cup of tomato sauce,
- 1/2-1 cup of italian cheese shredded
- oil spray
- Turn the oven on the 400.
- Clean the chicken breast of any fat.
- Then place one chicken breast inside the roulpat and fold the roulpat over the chicken breast.
- With the rolling pin, pound the chicken breast to flatten it a bit. Remove the chicken breast and repeat this process with the other ones.
- In a bowl, break 2 eggs and mix them with a fork. Add to it, the 1/4 tsp of salt, 1/8 tsp of pepper, 1/4 tsp of garlic powder and mix well. Then place the chicken breast in this mixture and turn it so that it will be well coated with the egg mixture.
- In another bowl, mix the bread crumbs with the parmesan.
- With your fingers, transfer the chicken breasts in the bread mixture and turn the chickem so that it will be coated with the bread mixture.
- Take a large silpat or the deep flexipan ( previously laid on perforated sheet) and lay the chicken breasts on the it.
- Use an oil spray or a vegetable spray and spray the chicken breasts with the oil spray.
- Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 13 minutes. For regular bakeware, cook the chicken for 25 minutes or until it is done.
- When the chicken has a nice golden color, remove it from the oven and drizzle the tomato sauce on it.
- Sprinkle the cheese and cook the chicken for another 5 minutes at 425 so that it can get a nice golden color. Et voila!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!