It is summer, and as such your garden or your grocery store should be filled with cheap but yummy summer vegetables: zucchini, Summer Squash, Corn, Tomatoes…
But what to do with them. Even me who eats lots of vegetables get tired of eating the same vegetable over and over again.
Zucchini is a prime example. How else can you eat it besides grilled, steamed and again grilled???
My sister-in-law makes zucchini muffins. They taste pretty good, but it is not something I want to fix with zucchini.
My sister shared this yummy recipe that make for great sides to any dish. Today I am using fresh zucchini, but you can certainly substitute zucchini with any other vegetables.
Ingredients for 8, which makes 2 trays of 12 butterfly.
- 4 medium-sized zucchini or about 2 lbs of fresh zucchini
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of heavy cream, half & half or milk
- 1 cup of swiss cheese ( optional)
- 1 tbsp of corn flour
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of thyme, rosemary herb blend
- Turn the oven to 350.
- Using a mandoline, or a hand grater, grate the zucchini and fill a bowl with them.
- Add to it, 4 eggs, 1 tbsp of corn flour, 1 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of thyme, and mix well.
- Scoop this content in the mold or container of your choice. Today i used the butterfly mold (on special this month), but your could use a big muffin tray or even bake the whole thing in one big mold such as the sunflower mold.
- Cook for 30 minutes in small container, and 60 minutes in a large one.
- Serve those yummy butterflies with a dinner of your choice. Et voila!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!