In the summer, we often grill because:
1. it takes no time to prepare dinner
2. it gets too hot in the house if the oven is on
3. i like to hang outside when the sun goes down.
For those same reasons, we grill last night. I had salmon and asparagus while the rest of the gang enjoyed some sausages and roasted potatoes. Because I always fix too much vegetables ( or I fix just enough but no-one else is eating them), I was left with quite a few extra asparagus today. What to do?
Personally I do not like to rewarm asparagus the next day because they don’t taste wonderful therefore I thought of making a salad with that this evening , and I was quite happy with their flavor.
Ingredients for 2-4 people:
- 1 asparagus bundle
- 1 tbsp of Demarle Mediterranean balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1/16 tsp of pepper
- olive oil
If you have some left-over grilled asparagus, skip step 1-4.
- Rinse the asparagus under running water and trim the ends.
- Place the asparagus in a bowl, drizzle some olive oil over them, and with your fingers toss the asparagus so that they will be well-coated with olive oil.
- Turn the grill to medium and grill the asparagus for 2 minutes on each side.
- Let them cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Place the asparagus on a cutting board, and with a sharp knife cut them in small segments of about 1/2 inch.
- Toss the cut-up asparagus in the vinaigrette, stir and enjoy.
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!