If you were to ask me what i wanted to eat for dinner, the answer would most likely be fish, fish, or scallops. I love fish. I like it best grilled, roasted or pan-seared. I like any fish medium rare so that they are still moist, and flaky. My most favorite fish are tuna, salmon, and mahi mahi…
The reason I think that i love those fish, is that they are very mild when they are fresh. They do not have a fishy odor and almost do not taste “fishy”. And they need very little prep to taste great.
Because I had just brought an orange-flavored olive oil from convention, i was dying to try it and thought that it would marry well with the salmon I had in my fridge, and grapefruit in my kitchen so here it was i came up with for my dinner last night. Very easy, very yummy and so healthy!!!!
Ingredients for 2-4:
The grilled Salmon:
- 1 large salmon filet of about 2 lbs
- 2 tsp of orange- flavored olive oil
The Grapefruit Salsa:
- 1 grapefruit peeled
- 1 tsbp of the grapefruit zest
- 1 tsp of orange flavored olive oil
- 1/16 tsp of salt
- 1/4 cup of purple onion chopped thinly
- optional 1/16 tsp of red pepper flakes
- With the Demarle grater, zest the grapefruit, collect about 1 tbsp of the zest and place it into a small bowl.
- Then peel the grapefruit, remove the meat of the fruit from the grapefruit quarters, chop it and place it in a small bowl.
- Add the diced red onion, salt, pepper, olive oil, optional red pepper flakes and mix well. Set aside.
- Place the large frying pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high. When the pan is hot, add 1 tsp of olive oil.
- When the oil is starting to get warm ( it will start sizzling), add the salmon filet.
- Cook it for 2 minutes. Then with a polyamide spatula, flip the salmon on its other side and cook for another 2 minutes ( or more if you like your salmon cooked well).
- Drizzle 1 tsp of orange-flavored olive oil on top of the grilled salmon, sprinkle some sea salt and pepper, and divide the salmon individually by the numbers of your guests.
- Spoon some of the salsa over the salmon and enjoy! I did!!
IF YOU RATHER BAKE YOUR SALMON, PLACE THE SALMON ON A SILPAT AND COOK IT IN THE OVEN FOR 8 MINUTES AT 400.
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!