Two weeks ago I went to the Demarle Convention in Santa Ana. As a consultant for the company I always get energized by going to such event. I connect with other consultant and we share tips and ideas on becoming more successful.
They are so many meetings, workshops and speakers that I always learn so so much. The event usually last 4 days. Even though it is meetings and workshops for 4 days, it is much fun because it is a bit of ” me time”;-), no husband to answer to, or children to take care of. Nice!!!
Four days in between girls would have been nice on itself, but to top it off the company hired a World Known Chef of the name of Stephane Glacier to do several cooking workshops during the event. What a treat! We learned so much!!!
Today i would like to share with you one of the recipe he was so courteous to share. It is a quick recipe, very easy to make, to adapt and to dress up. In my eyes, a winner.
Ingredients for 12 mini desserts:
- 190 gr. or 6.7 oz. of almond powder ( 3/4 cup)
- 190 gr. or about 6.7 oz of sugar (3/4 cup)
- 190 gr. or about 3 eggs
- 100 gr. or about 7 tbsp. of butter
- 25 gr. or about 1 oz. of flour (1 tbsp + 2 tsp)
For the chocolate Ganache:
- 100 gr. or about 7 oz. of heavy cream
- 15 gr. or about 0.5 oz. of honey
- 100 gr. or about 7 oz. of chocolate chips ( preferably European or Ghiradhelli)
- 15 gr. or about 0.5 oz of butter
- 200 gr. or about 7 oz. of water
- 100 gr. or about 3.5 oz of sugar
- Turn the oven to 400.
- In a regular-sized bowl, mix the almond and the sugar.
- Then add the eggs a bit at a time. Add the flour and the melted butter. Don’t over beat!
- Pour the content of the bowl into a large ziploc bag. Cut the corner of the bag with scissors and fill in the flexipan of your choice. I used the doughnut tray.
- Place a silpat flat to cover the flexipan. ( it will prevent the cake from rising too much).
- Place the flexipan onto a medium perforated sheet and cook in the oven for 10 minutes. Then turn the flexipan around to even out the baking and cook for another 10-12 minutes.
- While the darlings are cooking, prepare the ganache and the syrup.
- In a small saucepan, cook the water and the sugar until the sugar has dissolved. ( if you want to add a yummy orange flavor, add a tablespoon of the Blood orange olive oil in the syrup if you do not have orange extract).Set aside.
- Place the chocolate chips into a small bowl. Then microwave the cream and the honey for 1 minute and pour the hot cream over the chips. ( Add 1 tablespoon of orange flavored olive oil again in the ganache to flavor it).Let it sit a while.
- With a small whisk, mix the cream slowly to make the ganache. Add the soft butter and let the mixture cool at room temperature.
- When baked, remove the flexipan from the oven and let it cool before removing the silpat and unmolding the cakes.
- Dip the warm cakes into the syrup and place them onto a cooling rack to drain and cool.
- Pour the ganache into a piping bag and pipe rosette on top of the litlle cake. Et voila!!! Un vrai Delice;-)
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!