How is the fish market in your home town? ours is not the best…
If I want fish I have to make 3 decisions:
1. do I want to drive 30 minutes to go to a fish camp and get fresh fish?
2. Do I want to pay overprice for a small piece of fish at the local market?
3. or do i want to buy a whole filet at the local Costco and eat days in and out of that fish?
Well the answer is often the latter, because I rather save some money and eat good quality fish. The fish at Costco is always fresh and top quality. And NO, I do not own any stock in this store;-) I just did my homework and know where to get good quality food for a good price…
The problem of course is that a whole filet is a bit much for me and my child. So what do i do? Well I often end up fixing the whole filet and eat it for lunch.
Sometimes i make sandwiches and dress my salmon with fresh tomatoes and aoili. Sometimes I just make a salad and top my salad with my salmon. Yummy:-)
This is what I did a few days ago:
Ingredients for 2 :
- 8 oz. of orange flavored salmon (that I baked in the oven)
- 1 bag of baby greens
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp of blood-orange olive oil
- 1/16 tsp of salt
- 1/32 tsp of pepper
- 2 tbsp of almond slices
- 2 tbsp. of Chow Mein Noodles
- Optional Mandarin slices, or fresh orange slices
- In a large bowl, mix the vinegar, salt, pepper and orange olive oil.
- Add the baby greens, the almond and the chow mein noodles and toss well.
- Place the salad on individual plates.
- Lay a few mandarin or orange slices on top the salad and add the salmon.
ET voila!!! Simple but delicious;-)
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!
One thought on “Baby Greens with Orange Flavored Salmon and Citrus Dressing”
Amazing! Its really awesome post, I have got much clear idea regarding from this article.|
Comments are closed.