I love Thursday nights because the week is almost over and there is only one day left to work after that and… the weekend is almost here. If I don’t have any work to do ( which does not happen too often, I like to stay home and do nothing… ( well to me, it is nothing. To some of you it may be work:-). I like to go to the gym, play in my kitchen and work on my blog. Today was one of those days;-) FUN! FUN! FUN!!!
So when I called my husband on my way home and asked what he wanted for dinner, and he said pizza, I really welcome the idea because tonite I did not feel like fixing a dinner for me, and a dinner for him… ( I know, selfish…)
So while he had pizza, I had pizza too. Just a bit healthier than those take-out ones:
Vegetarian and Whole Wheat Tortilla Pizza.
Ingredients for 2:
- 2 whole wheat tortilla
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small summer squash
- 4 tbsp of tomato sauce
- 4-6 tbsp of parmesan or swiss cheese
- 1 tsp of basil, thyme herb blend from Demarle
- Turn the oven to 400.
- Place a silpat on a perforated sheet. Place 2 tortilla on the silpat.
- Spoon the tomato sauce over the tortilla and spread it out.
- Place the slices zucchini and squash over the tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle the parmesan over the vegetables.
- Then sprinkle some basil, rosemary herb blend over the parmesan
- Place the pizza into the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes.
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!