Two days ago I bought a few peaches from the grocery store because they were local and they were very fragrant. It was such a disappointment though when I bit in one of them because they lacked taste and they were not sweet. ( I guess that the price I pay for not buying from a local merchant;-(
What to do??? I could have kept them for my children daily smoothies that I now makes for them, but I had seen this fun recipe in the Super Easy Recipe Shortcuts from Cooking Light, and thought to give it a try for my evening dessert. The recipe was adapted by me though.
It was delicious, easy and so so yummy!!!!
Ingredients for 2:
- 2 peaches sliced in half
- 4 tbsp of bourbon
- 3 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract ( 1/2 for the bourbon sauce, and 1/2 for the yogurt)
- 1 small container of 0% fat greek yogurt ( i used 2 6 oz. container)
- optional 2 tbsp of heavy cream
- Turn the oven to 400.
- In a small bowl, mix the bourbon, 2 tbsp of brown sugar, and 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Place the halved and pitted peaches inside the large round mold and pour the bourbon mixture over the fruits.
- Place the bowl onto a perforated sheet and place into the oven.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat the 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract, and the sugar into the yogurt and let it sit. If you want the yogurt to be more smooth and silky, add 2 tbsp of heavy cream to the yogurt and mix well.
- When the peaches are cooked, place them in individual bowls. Spoons the yogurt over the peaches and drizzle the caramel that has formed at the bottom of the mold. Enjoy!!! Yum, YUm!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!