School has returned and with it lunches. I don’t really eat sandwiches, probably because I am not used to it (we only ate them for pic nic in France or when we ate ” sur le pouce” ( on the run) comme on dit en Francais. Even today you will seldom see me eat sandwiches because I try to stay away from carbs.
Anyway not eating sandwiches for lunch makes fixing lunches is a tad more complicated. It is a salad, or left-overs.
In order to not worry about my lunches for this week, I thought to fix a whole salmon filet for dinner on Sunday so that i will have enough left-overs for a few days… Or so I thought;-)… My son ate most of it leaving only enough for my Monday but I guess that is okay.
Ingredients for a large salmon filet ( about 6 people):
- 2 tbsp of blood orange olive oil.
- 3 tbsp of brown sugar
- About 2 tbsp of fresh ginger grated
- 2 tbsp of low-sodium soy sauce
- Optional 1mango peeled and diced.
- Turn the oven to 400.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients and set aside.
- Place the salmon on deep flexipat that you would have placed on a perforated sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Spoon the “rub” over the filet and spread it all over it.
- Place the salmon in the oven and cook for 11 minutes.
- Spread the mango over the salmon if you want to use some.
- Place the salmon over individual plates with some roasted asparagus and roasted cauliflower and eat up!!! Yummy!!!!:-)))
Bon appetit and Happy cooking!!!