This past weekend, I had the pleasure to keep my nephew for the weekend. Since most of my husband’s family lives in town, it is rare that any of my nieces or nephews spend the nights at our house. It only happens if my children wants to have sleepover with them or if their parents are going out-of-town. This past weekend my brother-in-law decided to go away for the weekend with his wife and thus let us keep Aksel, my nephew.
My weekends are usually quite boring, we rarely go out as I am happy to just relax and do nothing. But this weekend, having company, we decided to go here and there. One night we went to the movies, another night we did pizza and movies, and another night we went to a restaurant to eat Thai food. One of my favorite:-) and my children. I ordered the same as : always : Chicken Curry Panang with steamed tofu…. Yum!!!
Well this weekend as I was cleaning my refrigerator and needed to cook some of the chicken I had left over, I decided to cook another curry dish for my school luncheons…;-)
Better than a peanut butter sandwich, right!!?!:-)
Ingredients for 4:
- 1 tbsp of sesame or peanut oil
- 1/2 container of the green curry paste or about 4 tbsp.
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 chicken breasts cleaned, and diced in small cubes
- 1-2 bags of fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup of carrot matches
- 1/ 2 red pepper diced very small
- 1/2 yellow or orange pepper diced very small as well.
- 4 cups of cooked rice
- In a large date pan, warm up the oil and sauté the chicken on all sides. season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the sauté pan and set aside.
- In the same sauté pan, stir in the curry paste.
- Pour in the coconut milk, the brown sugar and stir. Bring the mixture to boil.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Them add the peppers, carrots and spinach and bring the mixture to boil again.
- Stir , reduce the temperature and cook do 5 minutes.
- When ready spoon some rice ( or not) and spoon the mixture over the rice.
Bon appetit and Happy Cooking!!!!