It is not too often that I make pasta salad at our house because my husband is not a fan and I don’t eat lots of pasta, or gluten. But since I was asked to make one for an event this week-end, I chose to make this recipe. It is fresh, light, tastes like summer and it is really easy to make.
I really was not anticipating my children to eat it because they are so picky with their food and they hate tomatoes, but both Lisa and Theo took large helpings of it for lunch, and even took second.
I was surprised because it had tomatoes in it and none of them eat tomatoes. So I asked why Lisa liked it so much and she said: “mom!!! there is pasta, cheese and Salami… why not?!?!” Now that is too too funny!!!
This recipe is very simple. It was adapted and totally changed from a recipe I had seen on Allrecipes. com called AntiPasto Pasta Salad.
Ingredients for 6-8:
- 1 box of macaroni pasta
- 12 oz of baby tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 cucumber sliced very very thinly and cut in 4 ( each slice will be cut again in quarter).
- 1 cup of feta cheese
- 1 lb of hard salami cut thinly as well
- 1 cup of italian dressing
- Cook the pasta according the package directions, (or if you are lazy place the content of pasta in the round mold, cover the pasta with 2 cup of water, 1/4 tsp of salt, place the octogonal silpat on top of the round mold and microwave for 13 minutes. Stop at half time to see if you need to add more water. ) Cook the pasta al dente.
- Rinse the pasta under running cold water to stop the cooking process and wash up some of the gluten.
- Place the pasta into a very large bowl. Add the sliced tomatoes, sliced cucumber, feta cheese, salami and dressing.
- Mix well and let the pasta rest for a minimum of 2 hours before eating.
- Et voila!!!Easy and Yummy;-)
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!