Food is good, but in my eyes it is better in bite size;-) Why?? because you can try more things, and not feel so guilty, plus bite size food is easier to serve than dips at parties! A few days ago I was browsing the internet and I came across this recipe of Buffalo Chicken. I am not much into spicy food so I would have normally passed this recipe, but it was so cute that i had to try. Well it was a hit at home with the kids. They loved, loved, loved it!!! Next time you have guests over for appetizers, or for tailgate give them a try.
Ingredients for 20 mini cupcakes:
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked chicken ( which is about 1 1/2 breast of chicken),
- 1 8oz. package of cream cheese at room temperature,
- 1/2 cup of ranch dressing,
- 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp of buffalo wing sauce ( or more ),
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese,
- 30 wonton wrapper,
- more cheddar cheese to sprinkle
- and about 1/4 cup of gorgonzola cheese.
- You can cook the chicken by boiling in water, or you can place it into the round mold,
- Sprinkle a bit of salt, place the octogonal silpat on top and microwave it for 5-6minutes.
- Set the chicken aside to cool and prepare the rest of the mixture.
- Into a large bowl pour in the cream cheese, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, buffalo wing sauce, salt, pepper. Mix well.
- Shred the chicken and add it to the mixture. Set aside.
- With a small cookie cutter cut two small circles in 10 wontons. set aside.
- place the mini cupcake tray on the perforated sheet.
- Place one wonton in each mini cupcake hole.
- Fill the chicken mixture to half, place one round, or circle ( that you would have previously cut in your wonton) and top this round with the chicken mixture all the way to the top.
- Sprinkle with some cheddar cheese, then some gorgonzola cheese.
- Bake the cupcakes for 12-15 minutes or until the top is nicely crusted.
- As soon as you are removing the cupcakes from the oven, sprinkle more gorgonzola cheese, drizzle some buffalo sauce and eat up!!! Miam, Miam, Miam!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!